VMware Cloud Community
hinzinho
Contributor
Contributor

Physcial machine with multiple disks

I'm trying to convert a machine with multiple disks (Drive letters C, D, & E). Using the VMWare Converter Standalone 4.0.1, I don't see the option during the migration. All I see is the C drive.

Am I missing anything? How can I get the other drives?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hinzinho
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone??

0 Kudos
zanmk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi!

I haven't used Converter 4 so far, but I had no problems working with version 3. Maybe you could try this one and check if the problems persists ?

regards

Martin

0 Kudos
hinzinho
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe I need to clarify my issue:

I have a physcial machine with 2 IDE hard drives, C and D. When I use the 4.0.1 converter, it converts my machine to virtual without any issue. However it only converted C. D is missing from the VM and from the selection during the conversion.

Thank you

0 Kudos
marcosdarosa
Contributor
Contributor

You can not edit the records?

Or in the corresponding tab does not appear the discs Mencin?

Att

Marcos da Rosa

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

The OS volume is the tough one, and you have that. You could always just copy the data off the physical 😧 volume on to a newly created virtual disk on the virtual machine you converted.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
zanmk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi!

did you check the disk health e.g. scandisk ? You can think about using imaging software like Acronis or Norton Ghost and then convert it to VM.

regards

Martin

0 Kudos