VMware Cloud Community
m4biz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Peform a P2V conversion of a remote linux server

Hi.

I've this network topology.

On the remote location:

• N.1 working linux server physical machine.
  • N.1 windows 10 machine (on the same subnet of the linux server).

On the headquarter:

• N. 1 ESXi 7 host

I'd like to perform a P2V of the remote linux server without physical going to the remote location.

Obviously I've full access via Internet (SSH, Neorouter, etc...) from the headquarter to all machine in the remote location.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Ing. Cosimo Mercuro http://cosimomercuro.wordpress.com/
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@m4biz 

Moderator: Please do not start multiple threads on the same issue/question. As you have included more detail on this thread, it is the other you created earlier today which I have now archived.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
m4biz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ok.

I'm sorry.

I've re-write the thread because the first was not fully understandable.

The second thread is more detailed.

Ing. Cosimo Mercuro http://cosimomercuro.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@m4biz 

I saw it was more detailed, that’s why I left this thread and archived the first one. You can edit a comment of your own via the “3 dots” menu to the right of a comment if you want to add more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos