Maybe somebody can advise what to do.
I am very new to VM ware, just downloaded a free converter.
Trying to create a VM of my laptop XP Pro (SP2). Created a share on another desktop machine and specified it as a target.
The target machine is Vista Ultimate 64 bit. >200 Gig drive. Source machine has 80 Gig drive. I haven't installed anything on the target machine yet.
The convertor is installed on the physical machine and about 80 gig file was created on the target machine. It failed when it was doing cloning.
I kept working on the source machine maybe that was the problem?
The conversion worked for many hours and then stopped, I found this in the log file:
Maybe I am doing something wrong or what is the problem and solution.
Thank you, here is the log file contents:
Log for VMware Converter Client, pid=4052, version=3.0.2, build=build-59994, option=Release, section=2
Unfortunately this is client log and not the agent log:
Log for VMware Converter Client
The file you need to "attach" (not copy/paste) is the vmware-converter-#.log file - if you are running converter remotely, you will need to grab it from the physical machine manually.
I am having the same problem using 3.0.2u1 build 62456 on WinXP pro doing a local conversion. As far as I can tell, there is no converter log. just client logs. I've seen this problem in a few other forum posts. There was some hint that perhaps having various services or antivirus things running would be a problem. I'll try to go on a rampage closing these down but its a bit hard to figure out without more info.
I think I found converter logs but they are stored only for the last 5 incidents and then overwritten, what I mean is that each time I restart my machine one of the logs is overwritten and there is only history of 5 allowed.
So by the time I could post my log that was already overwritten. My conversion ran for hours OK, before finally failing, so whenever I have time I'll try again. And I don't have any anti-virus software at all.