mrjoli021
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

P2V to ESXI on same box

I have a Windows server box that I need to P2V.  I need to save that image to a disk cause that same box is where I will be putting ESXI 5.  I am have tried the P2V converter and it works great to a live ESX box, but I have not been able to get it to save to a disk sucessfully.  What options do I need to choose to save it to a disk as a vmdk and then import it once I install ESXI?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware ESXi 5 to VMware Converter Standalone

You can select the destination to be a VMware Workstation image. This will allow you to save the converted server as a set of files. You could then run Converter again, and import these flat files to the ESXi host.

Make sure you have a good backup of the physical server also, in case something goes bad....

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
Amanda63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Could you please share the log .

and error .

If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.
0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And don't forget to deselect the destination partition from the source volumes in 'disks and volumes' page.

0 Kudos