vCenter

View Only
  • 1.  P2V, then RDP stopped working???

Posted Feb 27, 2009 10:07 PM

Hi,

So here's the thing.

ESX 3.5 environment, doing a server consolidation at a client, using converter to P2V servers.

Server in question is a Windows 2000 sp4 server running a couple of web apps, and random apps.

Virtualized it, and now the web apps still work, ping works, but no RDP access.

No firewalls either on server or in the intervening network.

We tried re-installing TS, changing from remote admin to application server, rebooted (of course), and threw the kitchen sink at it.

The only thing I can think of is that it somehow bound the RDP connection to the physical nic... address, driver... ?

Has anyone else seen this before?

We had to fail back to the physical because of this, but we want to get rid of that physical server.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks,

Tim

• 2.  RE: P2V, then RDP stopped working???

Posted Mar 02, 2009 10:38 AM

Hello,

I have had the same problem. We have converted 3 domain controllers at the same time.

Two domain controllers are working fine. Nothing changed regarding to rdp access. But one domain controller is refusing the rdp connection.

All three machines are the same; w2k3 , SP, updated till Feb 27th 2009.

Our solution: check Terminal Services Configuration. Under connections check the properties of rdp-tcp. Go to tab network adapterand check if 'all network adapters configured with this protocol' is enabled. That was the fix to our problem.

Johan.

H.A.N. University

Arnhem, Netherlands.

• 3.  RE: P2V, then RDP stopped working???

Posted Mar 02, 2009 08:57 PM

Thanks Johan, I did try that, and it didn't help.

Tim

• 4.  RE: P2V, then RDP stopped working???

Posted Jun 16, 2009 08:26 PM

I know there hasn't been any activity in a while but I had this problem last night and after reading this thread I eventually found the answer to my situation. Take a look at this link and see if it helps you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270588

• 5.  RE: P2V, then RDP stopped working???

Posted Jun 21, 2009 06:50 AM

There is a similar thread, with some other infos:

Andre