VMware Cloud Community
mronningen
Contributor
Contributor

P2V conversion fails at 1% , "An error occured during the conversion"Unknown exeption""

I am trying to convert a Windows 2003 Server with vcenter converter standalone 5.0. But the job fails at 1% with the message " An error occured during the conversion"Unknown exeption""

Have tried several things , stopping services , different admin logins etc.

Can anyone help me with figuring this out? Uploading the logs here

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gkeerthy
Expert
Expert

Welcome to the community

Have you gone through the below links?

kb.vmware.com/kb/1035241

kb.vmware.com/kb/1035241

Please don't forget to award point for 'Correct' or 'Helpful', if you found the comment useful. (vExpert, VCP-Cloud. VCAP5-DCD, VCP4, VCP5, MCSE, MCITP)
0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunatly the most important agent logs are missing, they are located on physical machine. Could you upload them?

Also ensure that ESX name is visible from agent's side i.e. from phisycal machine. HTH

0 Kudos
mronningen
Contributor
Contributor

Uploading the logs i can find on the server here.....

0 Kudos
mronningen
Contributor
Contributor

knowledge base is down for maintenance unfortunately.... 

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your error is

2012-07-17T15:41:55.825+02:00 [01344 warning 'Default'] [,0] [NFC ERROR] NfcNewAuthdConnectionEx: Failed to connect to peer. Error: Failed to connect to server rkesx3.ringebu.kommune.local:902
make sure you can see 'rkesx3.ringebu.kommune.local' from machine with agent.

learningeveryda
Contributor
Contributor

Agree with POCEH, make sure from the Client which you installed Standlone has Firewall access opened to the ESX host on port 902. 

Had the same problem on our site, and Port 902 was not allowed through our firewalls from client to ESX host.

mronningen
Contributor
Contributor

thank you , it appears to be some network issues causing this..... quite obvious to me now , probably to tired last night when it failed... 🙂

0 Kudos