VMware Cloud Community
grzegorzsliwins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

P2V Problem "No volume found that corresponds to the volume id ..."

Hi, I have a problem with conversion of windows 2008 server to VM. I'm using VMware Converter Standalone 6.2.0 and trying to convert physical machine from another server and from source machine. always get an error below :

VolumeCloneMgr::GetVolumeInfo: No volume found that corresponds to the volume id 2-?473550000010000000000.",

-->                         msg = "An error occurred during the conversion: 'VolumeCloneMgr::GetVolumeInfo: No volume found that corresponds to the volume id 2-?473550000010000000000.'"

I was trying convert drives by block level, file level and thick and thin.

Logs in attachment.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The only one suspicious message is:

2018-10-28T01:52:01.478+02:00 warning vmware-converter-worker[04956] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] Insufficient space in datastore "EWT" to hold destination files in volumeBasedCloning mode

Seems that formatting of target volumes on VM failed somehow.

Are there some datastore policies? Converter doesn't recognize and support policies.

HTH

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please try the resolution, as mentioned in the KB. It might help to resolve your issue:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2018582?lang=en_US#q=2018582

Regards,

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The only one suspicious message is:

2018-10-28T01:52:01.478+02:00 warning vmware-converter-worker[04956] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] Insufficient space in datastore "EWT" to hold destination files in volumeBasedCloning mode

Seems that formatting of target volumes on VM failed somehow.

Are there some datastore policies? Converter doesn't recognize and support policies.

HTH

0 Kudos
grzegorzsliwins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks, I change datastor to another and run task with thick disks and its work!

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos