VMware Cloud Community
williamsmike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

P2V Fails at the same 15% spot each time

First: I understand it is no longer supported.

Running Standalone P2V on a Windows 10 PC. The PC has  a 2TB C: w/ 500GB used and a 200MB system partition.

Local P2V fails at the same spot each time 15% complete with "file-level volume clone error failed with sourcevolumeid \WindowsBitmapDriverVolumeId=[hex code] and target volume id 23,2 Error code: 225"

All I have found about error 225 is related to Windows Defender possible causing a conflict. But why would that be happening at 15% complete?

I ran the P2V without selecting C: and only selected the D drive and it got to 98% complete before erroring out w "Unable to find the system volume, reconfiguration is not possible."

So it appears that something at a particular spot on C: is throwing the error. Can attach logs if any value.

I've defragged and ran "sfc /scannow" which found no errors.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To me that rather sounds like the NTFS-volume requires an intensive checkdisk with chkdsk /f /x /r
If that does not help - I would run the disk through ddrescue from a Linux LiveCD

Ulli

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To me that rather sounds like the NTFS-volume requires an intensive checkdisk with chkdsk /f /x /r
If that does not help - I would run the disk through ddrescue from a Linux LiveCD

Ulli

0 Kudos
williamsmike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

BOOM! The chkdsk did it! VM successfully created. Thank you very much good sir!

Mike

0 Kudos