VMware Cloud Community
junian_dani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

P2V Conversion Problem

Hi,

Currently, I'm trying to convert one of (Win2k3-based) physical machine with vCenter Converter Standalone (4.3.0). Unfortunately, the conversion process always failed at 1%. The status (from the Converter) only shows message: "FAILED: the error occured during the conversion".

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this problem?

(Please refers to screenshot and log files attached for the detail of the problem)

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

check if you user is administator.

check if firewall of this machine are disable.

check if machine and vcenter work in same network.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Can you post "vmconvagentmsi.log" and "vminst.log" from "c:\windows\temp" of the machine you tried to convert, please?

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
junian_dani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your quick response. I can make sure that the account (which used for this conversion process) has the same privileged with administrator, firewall is already disabled and the source machine has different network segment with vCenter svr or Converter but it still visible from one to another. No filtering policies applied here. 

0 Kudos
junian_dani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi AWo,

Please refers to the attaced files for the log from the source machine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

check in invetory of vcenter if this machine aldreay exist, if yes. delete from disk and try do a converter again

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
junian_dani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi  MauroBonder,

This machine is not exist yet from the inventory of vCenter :(.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Have you started the VSS service and is it enabled on all partitions on the physical machine?

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos