VMware Cloud Community
abhayjagdish
Contributor
Contributor

P2V-BL460 C G1 completed and stuck on BSOD

Hi,

I just recently converted one HP BL460 C G1  physical to virtual using converter 5.1. The conversion action got completed successfully. after the power on the VM while installing the device driver it fails to install all other drivers including SCSI controller, also in device manager it is not showing any disk, successfully install vmtools as well, but after restart. OS version: windows 2008 R2.

looking forward some helpful tips on that.

Thanks Abhay.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What type/number of BSOD do you get? Can you confirm the VM was created with a virtual "LSI Logic SAS" controller?

Please create a log bundle in the converter GUI and attach this to a reply post.

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

>> ... also in device manager it is not showing any disk

Can you please clarify this. How can you access the device manager without booting (if there's no disk)?

André

0 Kudos
abhayjagdish
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

After P2V conversion when I power on  the Vm first time then able to loin , and after installation of VMtools and restart then it start giving BSOD .

0 Kudos
abhayjagdish
Contributor
Contributor

HI Please finds the log bundle, it is stuck on inaccessible device.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

This might be related to HP specific drivers and services. I'd suggest you create a snapshot after converting the system (unless you already did). This will allow you to revert to this snapshot if something goes wrong, rather than having to convert the system again. After that, boot into the OS and uninstall all HP related services and applications. Only if the system reboots without issues (check the Windows event logs), you may continue with installing VMware Tools.

André

0 Kudos
abhayjagdish
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried uninstalling HP tools and then restarted, no luck same issue.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should find any HP driver and uninstall them, see https://communities.vmware.com/message/2298911#2298911

0 Kudos