VMware Cloud Community
satishruthala
Contributor
Contributor

NTDLR file missing after convertering image

Hi,

While using Vmware converter to reduce the size the of HDD from 250 to 150 GB.After creating the image reducing the size .trying to power on the machine ti given the following error NTDLR file missing , CtrlaltDel to restart .Can any one help sort Resize the HDD .

Satish

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rockapot
Expert
Expert

Just resizing the disk will cut the existing partition which is probably why you have got this issue.

When you started the conversion there will have been an option to resize the disk to a minimum size (based on what is in use). I usually just add 15 - 20% on top of this so there is contingency space available.

Can you take a screenshot of the conversion space options you have so we can point you in the right direction (I dont have convertor with me at the moment)

Carl

0 Kudos
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

You might be able to add the converted disk to another VM as a secondary disk and browse to see if the file is really missing. If so copy it over and then disconnect the drive from the helper VM and point it back to your newly converted VM.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Are you sure you really boot from the converted disk ?

Missing ntldr can also simply mean that you try to boot from a floppy-image ?

Is the partition set to active ?

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos