VMware Cloud Community
cpanelgordon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maximum concurrent tasks unavailable in Linux.

I have been using the converter for a few weeks now. I would like to be able to setup a queue of tasks to have the converter start in succession. However, I am unable to change the maximum number of virtual guests on a linux install of vmware converter standalone.

When the converter daemon is on a linux box, I connect via another linux box with the client installed or a windows box with the client installed. When I select Administration, Maximum concurrent tasks is unavailable. The same result happens when I connect from the linux client to itself (localhost). However when I connect to the windows converter-server the option 'Maximum concurrent tasks' is then available.

Does anyone know how to set that option in vmware converter server for linux? I've tried editing /etc/vmware-converter/converter-agent.xml and /etc/vmware-converter/converter-server.xml and changing the setting of vmacore->threadPool->TaskMax from 40 to 1. The result being that either client was not able to connect or the daemon died apon start, respectively.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Go to a command line, then run the following as root. Root is the only one with permissions to modify the file that actually contains the number of concurrent tasks.

/usr/lib/vmware-vcenter-converter-standalone/bin/vmware-converter-client

You can then modify the number of concurrent tasks.

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Give me a bit to look into this.

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Go to a command line, then run the following as root. Root is the only one with permissions to modify the file that actually contains the number of concurrent tasks.

/usr/lib/vmware-vcenter-converter-standalone/bin/vmware-converter-client

You can then modify the number of concurrent tasks.

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

0 Kudos
cpanelgordon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent. I am able to properly change the maximum # of tasks now. When I connected to the remote machine I had to use the remote server's root login and password.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos