VMware Cloud Community
paradoxxaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Importing Converter stand-aline machine

I have a customer that needs to virtualize a server. Due to legalities, I cannot perform this function for them. I sent him the VMware converter stand alone install.

Questin is, is it actually that easy? If he converts the machine on his end correctly (key word), can I just import it into esx with converter enterprise on my end?

Thanks all..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayctd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It should be though I have never converted to an image I always convert right into the ESX platform.

Note VMWare converter can convert ghost and Acronis images to virtuals so that is an option too if your client is used to either of thoes disk imaging products, they could just take a ghost image and give it to you to bring into your ESX envyronment

##If you have found my post has answered your question or helpful please mark it as such##

##If you have found my post has answered your question or helpful please mark it as such##
0 Kudos
mvoss18
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Doing the conversion is usually easy unless there is an error. It's good to have a clean-up plan, too for things like matching the CPU HAL and right-sizing resources.

0 Kudos