VMware Cloud Community
ASH2
Contributor
Contributor

I can´t run a win98 image

Hello,

I speak english very bad, escuse me. I have a problem like this http://communities.vmware.com/message/831830 , I have a pc with windows 98, I make a image of this with Acronis true image. With WMware Converter, i import my machine. vmware tellme in a momen of the importation that "warning, cannot configure the source image" but it complete the job. Then i open wmware and go to open option, when i select the virtual machine of my windows 98 and press to play button, the systen shows that "Your guest operating system is Windows 98 and you have at least one virtual SCSI device. Please be aware that you may have problems installing Windows 98 SE on a SCSI disk.The problems are common to both virtual and physical machines. VMware Workstation recommends installing Windows 98 SE on a virtual IDE drive.

Select OK to continue, Cancel to power off."

In the console apears a window with a computer trying boot with a network card, but no of the disk.

¿how i can made that the hard disk scsi detecte apears like a ide disk?

thanks for yours help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASH2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I think, my problem is vmware detect the hard disk like scsi and windows 98 cannot boot in these disk. ¿how i cam change the disk´s type from scsi to ide in the virtual machine ? In my host the hd is Serial Ata, this is the problem?

Please, help me.

0 Kudos