VMware Cloud Community
frank2010
Contributor
Contributor

I am try to convert a vm machine

I am getting error this session is not authicated i can get pass root password but get stuck at specifing desitation please help

I am login in as root and root work using vm infratrature client

0 Kudos
9 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

What do you want to do exactly ? - your last post explains nothing - other than that you have a login issue somewhere ???

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
frank2010
Contributor
Contributor

let me try explain again I go through the vm covertor I get pass the login part and then a the desatation section I clcik next and I get this session is not authenicated and will not let me get to next stage

I sign in as root which is second step and let me get pass taht ok but the third part is where i get stuck

please help

0 Kudos
vmweathers
Expert
Expert

I suggest you upload the logs (File -> Export logs...) so that we might have a chance to figure it out.

Also please indicate the exact error message you received, character by character. You might find it easier to take a screen shot, many posters on these forums do this.

(If your question has been resolved please mark the answers as "Helpful" or "Correct".)
0 Kudos
frank2010
Contributor
Contributor

I have attached both screen shots and logs

thanks

frank

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

please upload screenshots as image-files like *.jpg - I can't open your doc-file

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
frank2010
Contributor
Contributor

nevermind resolve this issue by restarting vm centre services

0 Kudos
benjaminw
Contributor
Contributor

I also encountered this issue, and resolved it by restarting the converter services. The exact problem is using vCenter Converter to copy a Windows 2003 x64 VM from an ESX 3.5 U2 server to an ESX 3.5 U4 server. After specifying credentials for the target server, and specifying the appropriate storage container and clicking next, an error is displayed at the top of the screen stating "session is not authenticated". User is unable to proceed beyond this screen until the vmware services are restarted.

0 Kudos
tordo
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I am running into it now the logs say nothing except login failed to the ESX server you are trying to send the image to. About the dumbest error and message I have ever seen. In the 2nd part of the wizard after you have entered the root credentials for the ESX server it will respond with not autenticated. I rebooted the standalone client VM for the importer and the issue went away. If ya run across this try rebooting the VM or server that is doing the conversion.

-Travis

0 Kudos
DanReynolds
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this problem as well - with converter stand alone.

After I stopped the server & agent service it worked just fine. Strange.

I could be wrong but I would call this a bug!

0 Kudos