VMware Cloud Community
rwelle
Contributor
Contributor

HyperV to VMware conversion fails with Standalone Converter

Hi I am trying to convert a HyperV VM to VMware, but I am getting the error:

"An error occurred during the conversion: 'converter.fault.NoHostConnection'"

fullMessage = "Unable to clone disk C:\ClusterStorage\csv01\a185\Virtual Hard Disks\a185.vhdx on the virtual machine 'a185'.",

The VM has its disk on a ClusterStorage directory.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's always better to use the latest Converter, currently 6.2.0.1

Are you sure that wr-vcenter.tuiad.net:443 is visible from source machine? as well as ESX-name-or-ip:902?

You should check the conversion prerequisites before starting the conversions.

However seems that reported hard disk for this machine is not recognized, this is strange, except if its logical sector size is 4096 which is not supported by Converter. You'll need to check this.

HTH

0 Kudos
TelecomTeam
Contributor
Contributor

i am getting the same error , i am using 6.2.0 build 8466193 . the error is Error: Unable to clone disk

FAILED: An error occurred during the conversion:
'converter.fault.NoHostConnection'

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please upload log bundle.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And you have started your own thread for that: unable to convert hyper-v virtual machine to vmware

It is better to keep your issue and any responses in a single thread rather than spread across multiple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos