Jump to solution

HyperV 2012 VMs "powered off" doesn't show in Converter 6.1.1

Hi,

Environment:

HyperV 2012

VMware Converter 6.1.1

VMware 5.5

I want to convert all the VMs from Hyper-V to VMware

One VM worked without any Problems! Power off the VM and do the normal "conversion process" - everything's fine, but all the other VMs doesn't show up in the converter as soon as they are "powered off".

I start VMware Converter

- Convert Machine

- Source HyperV- Server (Powered off)

that shows me all the VMs on the Hyper-V Environment. As soon as i Power off one of the VMs this VM is disappearing. I can't see the VM anymore until I start the VM again.

Any Ideas

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hamp99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

so, finally i had to remove all the VMs from the Hyper-V Cluster Role, restart the Converter Agent on the Hyper-v host, then everything went fine.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you upload log bundle?

0 Kudos
Hamp99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

here the Logs

and a Printscreen

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Unfortunately the most important log - the agent's one is missing, get it from HyperV machine: "%PROGRAMDATA%\vmware\vmware vcenter converter agent\logs"

0 Kudos
Hamp99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sorry, here are the other Log-Files from the Host

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What about this error:

2016-04-19T18:40:16.021+02:00 info vmware-converter-agent[08980] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] Error 1326 authenticating user administrator.

2016-04-19T18:40:16.021+02:00 error vmware-converter-agent[08980] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] Unable to authenticate user administrator using the provided password

Error 1326 is "The user name or password is incorrect."

Have no idea what's happens, could you set the log level to trivia, restart the agent and resend log?

0 Kudos
Hamp99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have to migrate some of the VMs this weekend, so i have to go the online way:-(

i'll check the Logs next week.

Could you tell me how to change the log level on the agent side?

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In the folder one level up from the logs there is the converter-agent.xml file, edit and look for <level> tag and change it, then restart service.

HTH

0 Kudos
Hamp99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

so, finally i had to remove all the VMs from the Hyper-V Cluster Role, restart the Converter Agent on the Hyper-v host, then everything went fine.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos