VMware Cloud Community
sheetzdw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hlep please... error : " A general system error occurred: unknown internal error"

not sure what is going on the logs seem meaningless to me ( sorry but yes I am a newbie)

where to begin? I just did another server, same OS , same subnet and same VM host it worked

SO safe to say something with this server. I shut off all unneeded services , going to run a chkdsk now

any ideas o respected gurus of the VM world?

Thanks in advance!Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your problems are multiple active (bootable) partitions. Leave only one active partition on source computer (on all disk to convert) and try again. HTH

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your problems are multiple active (bootable) partitions. Leave only one active partition on source computer (on all disk to convert) and try again. HTH

0 Kudos
sheetzdw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for the quick response, I will try that. For future reference how did you find that solution? which log and error gave you that clue?

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I found the following error in worker log:

2014-03-08T15:19:32.353-06:00 [02676 info 'Default'] Building partition list: Can't have more then one active partition on a disk.

2014-03-08T15:19:32.353-06:00 [02676 info 'Default'] Failed to create the partition Tables error:-1

Also If you are using RAID, this should be a problem - the RAID are not supported at all, see user manual.