VMware Cloud Community
Josh_Leahy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help!!!!! Import option not available!

We are currently using vSphere 4.0 (plan to upgrade soon). The option to import does not appear in the context menu as expected. I have verified that VMware Converter Enterprise is "Enabled" in Plug-in Manager. I REALLY need to be able to import 3 VMs that were created using a Sys Admin's copy of VMware Workstation.

I looked around the forums a bit but could not find a solution. Did I overlook a thread somewhere? Can anybody help?!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WaffleSniffer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Josh

Not sure if this will help, or if you've already tried it... but it may be worth uninstalling both the vCenter Converter and the vCenter Converter Client from Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) and then reinstalling from the vCenter installation media. Naturally you'll have to install and enable the plug-in on the client again.

Cheers

Adam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried from another client?

Import is under the hosts.

PS: I delete the duplicated thread...

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
Josh_Leahy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not sure what you mean be "another client". I only have one vCenter server and I am logging in with full admin rights through the VIC. Import doesn't show up when I click on the host, or the cluster, as expected.

Thanks for deleting my previous thread.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The plugin is installed per vSphere Client. So, check your plugins to make sure it's enabled on the client you are using.

0 Kudos
Josh_Leahy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The plug-in is installed and enabled according to the plug-in manager. Please see attachments to help clarify the issue.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but can you disconnect and remove one of the hosts and add back with FQDN and try to right click and import again.

....on a side note, HA is very dependent on name resolution, you should have all your hosts added into the cluster with FQDN

0 Kudos
Josh_Leahy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay I re-added one of the hosts by its fFQDN instead of IP but it still look the same. There is no option to import. All of the servers have a FQDN I didn't realize it was necesary to load them into vCenter with that instead of the IP as there is the option for both when you are adding a host. Additionally HA and DRS have been working perfectly for 2 months set as fully automated.

0 Kudos
WaffleSniffer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Josh

Not sure if this will help, or if you've already tried it... but it may be worth uninstalling both the vCenter Converter and the vCenter Converter Client from Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) and then reinstalling from the vCenter installation media. Naturally you'll have to install and enable the plug-in on the client again.

Cheers

Adam

0 Kudos
Josh_Leahy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Adam! That fixed it.....it is always the simple things.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
shirishh2712
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Import is under file tab in the converter.

Shirishh2712 VCP4.0 VTSP4.0 VSP4.0
0 Kudos