VMware Cloud Community
LaiDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Have a Question about use authorize software On Virtual OS(from P2V)

I have a Question, that is while I am running p2v, if

my physical OS have installed some authorize software, like software of account,

Will it have problem about use this software On Virtual OS(from P2V)?

because I had tried one, When I try to open this program to let User to login in and use it,

Then the Program of account's frame say "my Authorisation Miss", Users can't Use this program.

Is this a problem about vmware's convert?? Or It is this program's problem??

How could I solve this program??

THX\~~~

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LaiDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Another Question, If the virtual OS usually shut off by itself, no reason, rand(time), What the result do possible happen?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Your application could be licensed and the licensing tied to your MAC address. Note that when you convert your machine, a new network adapter with a new MAC address is created and thus could cause licensing problems. You may need to reregister/reactivate your license.

0 Kudos
LaiDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for pangchen's answer, I will try to reregister/reactivate.

And If the virtual OS usually shut off by itself, no reason, rand(time), while I am using. What the result do it possible happen?

Is it mean that my computer's power no good enough??

Do it have method to modify the computer's performance like cpu, divide more cpu's power to Virtual OS it is more important than other.

0 Kudos
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If your virtualmachine is powering off on it's own without warning, you may want to take a look at the vmware.log file for that virtual machine. Also check the eventlogs (windows) or the /var/ logs (*nix) to see if there is any underlying issue. Also check your eventlogs and /var/ logs on your host (depending on the host OS).

0 Kudos