VMware Cloud Community
coob
Contributor
Contributor

Fails to connect to remote XP machine with VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone 4.0

I am trying to create a VM of a remote running Win XP Pro sp3 machine on a domain network. I am running the Converter on a Vista Ultimate 64 system on the network. I keep getting the message that it cannot connect, using either the name or IP address and the local admin account. I have tried to connect to another XP and Vista laptop on the network and both fail to connect, too. I can connect to the server and that is it.

I have now installed the Standalone Converter on the XP box and am attempting to clone the running machine there. It is running now to create the vm, 5 hours to go to see if it works.

Why would the Converter not be able to"see" any of the network machines, other than the server? There is no firewall running on either XP box, it is managed at the domain and not turned on there. The Vista laptop is not a domain member and I was able to turn of Windows firewall locally. But it would connect and then failed when attempting to install the agent and would fail to connect again.

0 Kudos
0 Replies