VMware Cloud Community
BigMacNC
Contributor
Contributor

Fail clone with workstation pro and vmware converter

OI am trying to clone my local computer because of issues with the battery charging So I don't want to lose all my data. I try to clone my computer with workstation pro 15 with VMware converter and I keep getting this error after 90% was done.

FAILED: Unable to reconfigure the destination virtual machine

Where do I look to see what is causing this error

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There's a VMTN area for Converter, thread reported to alert moderators this needs moving.

It might help if you mentioned what OS your laptop is running, and any other information you think might be useful for others to help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BigMacNC
Contributor
Contributor

The laptop is running windows 10 that I am trying to clone it. Workshop pro version 15 is on the laptop I am trying to clone as well as the VMware Converter. I am not sure what else I need to provide but I am not a VMware expert I am just trying to use the tools that IT provided me

0 Kudos