VMware Cloud Community
TonySadie
Contributor
Contributor

FAILED: converter.fault.ReconfigurationNoSystemVolumeFault

Hello,

I am having issue with migrating Windows 7 to the new mac I got.  I have tried 4 times and it always failed at about 95-98%. I have searched the forum and couldn't find the solution to fix the problem. 

The mac's operating system is OS x 10.8 (mountain lion), and the vmware converter's version is 4.1.3.  I used the ethernet cord to connect pc and mac.  It seems transferring the files for about 2 hours before the process failed with the "converter.fault.ReconfigurationNoSystemVolumeFault" error in the log file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
TonySadie
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded vmware 5.0 trial version and tried, but still failed with the same error message. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you upload new log bundle?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

did you ever try to boot the VM after the Converter - error ?

If you get as far as 98% the first part is done - and the patching part is completely independant.

If you get a BSOD this can be fixed most of the times without running the whole process again

0 Kudos
TonySadie
Contributor
Contributor

You mean the log bundle using vmware 5.0?  I attached the log bundle for vmware 4.1.3 in the first post.

Unfortunately I have deleted the log bundle from my PC for vmware 5.0.  If you need to see the log bundle for vmware 5.0, I will have to download the trial version and run through the process again today.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
TonySadie
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I remembered it wrong, I didn't reach 98% complete, all the installation failed at about 95% complete.  If I click on "vmware fusion" icon from mac, the "Welcome to VMware Fusion" screen shows asking me to repeat "Migrate Existing PC" again.  Is there any other ways to reboot vm from mac?  Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos