VMware Cloud Community
EstevaoNeder
Contributor
Contributor

FAILED: An error occurred during the conversion: 'BlockLevelVolumeCloneMgr::CloneVolume: Detected a write error during the cloning of volume \WindowsBitmapDriverVolumeId=[B1-80-5B-51-00-00-10-00-00-00-00-00]. Error: 17 (type: 1, code: 1)'

Dear friends,

I am using VMware vConverter 6.2 to migrate a physical SQL Server installed on Windows Server 2019 to a vSAN environment with VxRail, but I am not getting it.

During the migration process (when it reaches 9% or 10%), it displays the following error message:

FAILED: An error occurred during the conversion: 'BlockLevelVolumeCloneMgr :: CloneVolume: It detected a recording error while cloning the volume \ WindowsBitmapDriverVolumeId = [B1-80-5B-51-00-00-10-00-00-00-00 - 00] Error: 17 (type: 1, code: 1)

This physical SQL server has a C: partition with approximately 580GB through two local disks in RAID1, however, this Server has an iSCSI mapping greater than 2TiB which I believe is the cause of this problem and the error message.

Can you provide alternatives on how I can migrate this physical server to Virtual with these external 2TiB disks without presenting this problem?

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Converter Standalone area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos