VMware Cloud Community
osha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error from agent during time estimation: vmodl.fault.SystemError

while trying to convert a windows machine i find the following error in the converter log:

Error from agent during time estimation: vmodl.fault.SystemError

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Osha,

I have not seen this error before. I think you should open a support request with VMware Technical Support if you are able, and have them investigate the issue for you. Once a solution has been provided to you, please post the solution and details here, and I can then work on capturing that information in a new article in our knowledge base.

Regards,

Graham Daly

Knowledge Champion

VMware Inc.

0 Kudos
peevs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Osha,

After reproducing the error could you export converter logs - via "File -> Export logs", and attach the zip to this thread.

Also gives us a little more info about the OS version of the source machine, and on which step of the conversion you saw the error.

Did you succeed to submit the task, or error appears during the conversion wizard ?

0 Kudos
osha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i didnt find what the problem is yet,

when i tried again i got an error at 25%

so, i will open a support case, and i also attached the log in case if someone wants to check it

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Can you please attach the converter "agent" and "server" log files as well?

The file you attached is the "gui" log which does not exactly contain a great deal of useful information.

Regards,

Graham Daly

Knowledge Champion

VMware Inc.

0 Kudos
achimz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

is there something new about that case? We got the same error converting a W2k3 Machine.

Attached you find our Log-Files: converterGUI, Converer Agent, Converter Server

Regards

Achim

0 Kudos
osha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually the problem was with the physical disks, a dongle was attached to them for protection which prevented the conversion from happening.

0 Kudos