VMware Cloud Community
GoodOmens
Contributor
Contributor

Error at 23%

Tried to start a clone of my work pc. Below is the output ... what does PlatformError fault: 7929865 mean? Google brought up nothing!

From the Converter app:

06:59:19 AM Step 1 : Connecting to VMware Converter Agent on 192.168.1.148

06:59:19 AM Step 2 : Creating target virtual machine and importing data

06:59:20 AM Configuring parameters for the target virtual machine...

06:59:20 AM Creating target virtual machine...

01:53:07 PM Taking a snapshot of the volume...

01:53:10 PM Cloning source volume c: into target virtual machine...

02:36:23 PM ERROR: Unknown error returned by VMware Converter Agent

Note: VMware Converter Agent logs can be found on 192.168.1.148 at C:\WINNT\Temp\vmware-temp\vmware-converter*

VMware Converter Client logs on this computer can be exported, or found at "D:\Documents and Settings\ben.mcmurtry\Local Settings\Temp\vmware-temp\vmware-client*"

VMware Converter logs are stored on a temporary basis, and should be retrieved as soon as possible.

From vmware-converter01:

#3] VM directory does not exist

Failed to delete VM: vim.fault.CannotDeleteFile

VmiImportTask::task step "create and clone to VM" destroyed VmiImportTask::task step "Clone VM" destroyed

VmiImportTask::task: Image processing task has failed with PlatformError fault: 7929865 VmiImportTask::task: SetState to error

object explicitly disposed: VmiImportTask::task object explicitly disposed: computer= Cleaning up computer's child objects Unregistring volume id=attVol={computer=,1} Unregistring volume id=attVol={computer={8d56326b536472341b75b4f61b479869dbeb1967},2} Unregistring volume id=attVol={computer={8d56326b536472341b75b4f61b479869dbeb1967},3} Unregistring disk id=disk= VmiImportTask::task being destroyed

CloseSession called for session id=7FE992A5-C54E-4FD7-8EAC-4CBADA472A70

Removed vmdb connection /db/connection/#3/

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ceolin
Contributor
Contributor

I think that I already saw this error try to change Temp environment variable to c:\TEMP and give this folder anyone full control access.

GoodOmens
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
mkagzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you resizing the hard drive?

I would also run a chkdsk on the hard drive before trying the conversion.

1) What is the source OS?

2) Are you doing a remote or local conversion?

3) Are you going to VC\ESX\Standalone?

0 Kudos
mattmnz
Contributor
Contributor

I get this error too.

Im performing the P2V from the localhost onto a Network share with full rights. The virual is being configured as VM Stand alone ( Server 1.x.x ). At %80 I get :

BlockLevelVolumeCloning::task: Image processing task has failed with PlatformError fault: 7929865

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Platform errors are errors passed through from the platform (which in most cases is the windows machine). There could be more valuable information in the log files - please upload the entire zip file

To do so, simply open up your VMware Converter 3.0 application and choose

File --> Export Logs

0 Kudos