VMware Cloud Community
Magilla
Contributor
Contributor

Downloading Plugin

I've been trying to find the latest VMWare converter plugin(4.3 I assume). I found the download for the regular standalone server, but not the plugin. Any suggestions. And I can't use the get plugins from the application menu cause the systems are off the internet in a lab enviorment.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

4.3 is the version of Converter Standalone. You need to install on the vCenter Server the Converter Enterprise (it is on the package you downloaded to install vCenter). The plugin will be available for download directly from the vCenter Server after this.

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
Magilla
Contributor
Contributor

Directly from the server as in through the internet via the server or in a folder on the server itself?

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

After you install Converter Enterprise, connect to the vCenter using vSphere client, go to Plugins menu and you will be able to download from there.

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
SSGNet
Contributor
Contributor

I hope this isn't too dead an issue but, you are not very clear:

You say it's on the install; do you mean it is on the install media which boots to the proprietery install OS?

Isn't there somewhere to actually download it so you can install it?

0 Kudos
SSGNet
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I should close this properly:

I contacted support and was informed that the stand-alone converter is all there is in 4.1; no plug-in exists anymore.

0 Kudos