VMware Cloud Community
MennaMohamed
Contributor
Contributor

Converting SV2i files using VM ware vCenter converter standalone

I have installed the VM ware vCenter converter standalone software, the agent server and client and I want to convert sv2i backup files to a virtual machine using it but I can't find this option in the source machine, it only allows me to convert the machine it self or a remote machine, so how can I do this or I need to use a different software, see the attached photos, please this is an urgent case, any one could help will be appreciated

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You'll need to find a copy of Converter Standalone 6.0 - that was the last version to support 3rd-party images as a source: VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Release Notes

Here's a 2015 thread which offers an alternative approach: Importing a VM from a Symantec .sv2i backup

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
MennaMohamed
Contributor
Contributor

thanks scott but I can't do the second solution as I don't have the symantec CD and I have tried this solution before but it didn't work, in addition I don't know anything about the system that was on th physical machine, I only have the backup and I want to restore it on a virtual machine to see the station, so Is there another version rather version 6 that can convert these files

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Those are your 2 options as far as I'm aware.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos