VMware Cloud Community
kidshuks
Contributor
Contributor

Converting Red hat Linux ES 4 from a Dell 2900 multiprocessor server to ESX 4.0 virtual machine fails at same point each time

Hello

Please can somebody help me .

I am trialing VMware convert and the ESX to see if we could use them for our linux boxes and windows but I cant even convert the Linux machine

It fails at same point.

The Linux machine is a Dell 2900 Dual -Quadcore with 8 Gb

I have an export of the convert tool ,

Please see attachment

Thanks for your help

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

I just had a minute to review the logs a tiny bit, and just wanted to repost the critical sections I found:

\['task-1'] Updating VolumeCloner progress for /mnt/p2v-src-root/; capacityInBytes: 103865503744, initSpaceUsedInBytes: 196866048, currSpaceUsedInBytes: 989765632, srcSpaceUsedInBytes: 78384025600, progress: 1, xfer rate (Bps): 10888929socket system call failed with errno: /mnt/p2v-src-root/

\['task-1'] Exception caught during volume copying: /usr/lib/vmware-converter/copyFileSystem.sh did not finish producing output after 3600 seconds

\['task-1'] Unmounting partition /dev/sdc1

there is a pretty similar thread here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/199475 that might be worth looking at.

Regards,

Jonathan

B.Sc., RHCT, VMware vExpert 2009

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

0 Kudos