VMware Cloud Community
TPinto1982
Contributor
Contributor

Converting RHEL nodes with GFS volumes and NFS export

Hi All, 

My understanding is that we use converter to migrate from Physical standalone to virtual machines. We have a set of servers that are using GFS. The plan is to migrate that data to a NFS export and then remove the cluster config and virtualize the servers. I did read somewhere that any external network drives have to be mounted at the time of conversion. What is the right procedure to convert such physical machines. Do we leave the NFS export mounted and just not chose the disk when running the wizard? Please share any inputs anyone has.

Thank you.

Tom.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TPinto1982
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any reference documents/articles that explain how to migrate clustered servers and servers with network drives mounted? Based on the information from different online resources and in talking to a few colleagues, it appears that clustered physical servers might be a challenge to convert. I am looking for guidance on what is supported and how we virtualize the clustered servers and servers with NFS exports mounted. Please share any details/guidance you might have.

Thank you.

Tom.

0 Kudos