VMware Cloud Community
cbardon
Contributor
Contributor

Converting Hyper-V VMs to esxi6: Virtual Machine version takes a long time to populate

I'm trying to test out converting my Hyper-V VMs for a dev lab, and I'm running into problems with the converter tool.  The environment is managed by VCenter, and when I run the converter (from the Hyper-V host), I get to the Destination Location screen, and after I select the host, the "Virtual Machine Version" often fails to populate (spinning forever) or if it does populate, it does so after about 15 or 20 minutes.  I chose Version 11, and managed to start the job, but now it's saying that moving a 22 Gb VM will take 3 days?  The network between the hosts should be better than that...

The main problem though is that all the communication with the VMWare environment is incredibly slow.  Is this a common problem, and if so, are there any suggestions for getting this to run faster?  I don't really care if I need to let moves run overnight, but if it takes an hour just to create the job, something is definitely wrong.

0 Kudos
0 Replies