VMware Cloud Community
Macke_T
Contributor
Contributor

Converter shows non-existent disks

I'm trying to convert a win2k server to a virtual machine. I get 4 added "phantom" disks when I try to import the machine. These disks don't exist at all and sizes are 200-800 gigs a pop. I can't resize them in any way and I get an error message about the virtual machine not being able to boot if I don't select them.

I've tried running the converter locally on the server being converted and tried it from a remote pc too. Same results. Anyone else stumbled into these fine elusive non-existent disks (at least in this reality)?

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you talking about Volumes? Right ? not disk. Can you post a snapshot of Converter wizard that shows the non-existence volumes and a snapshot of disk administrator? Also, could you post the UFAD log which you get after converter wizard displayed the volume information?

How many volumes and disks do you have? What type are there?

0 Kudos
Macke_T
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for pointing out that volumes thing. Looks like the phantom volumes are on the same disk as a data volume and the disk in question makes some really funky noises. I'll try and remove the faulty disk from the equation and see what happens.

0 Kudos