VMware Cloud Community
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Converter question

Guys,

I grab an image from a physical machine and brought it into our virtual environment. I assigned the files and ownership to root, etc. In the past I would be able to get it started.

Windows tried to start but it just ended during the windows screen.

One thing I noticed is in the property, it has a maximum size of 40 GB for this machine. I took the default when grabing the image. My remaining space is 2 GB on that vmware box.

Can this be the cause?

TIA,

tnt

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Did you resize the disk during import ? - well that of course can render the VM useless.

Anyway - without exact error-messages or description of the problem we can't help

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I just made room for it.

The logs look fine. The only thing that stands out is that the PC I am trying to import in has a different subnet from the VM machine.

Edit: I found the problem. My live environment, the IP address is 134.xxx.xxx.xxx and my test is 192.168.xxx.xxx. Is there a way I can set my test vm server to reconize both?

Thanks

Tnt

0 Kudos
lholling
Expert
Expert

Well you could add another NIC into it and then it could work on both networks that is one option.

If you want something a bit more secure then you could setup an Endian Firewall VM that has a NIC for both networks and let it route between them. With this you point your 192 machines to it as a default gateway and then you have to setup a static route in your 134 network to point to the 134 interface on your firewall.

Leonard...

-

Don't forget if the answers help, award points

---- Don't forget if the answers help, award points
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot.

Tnt

0 Kudos