VMware Cloud Community
thattestguy
Contributor
Contributor

Converter not showing in vsphere client

Hello all

This is my first post and I'm hopefull that you guys can help me.

Software info: vcenter 4.0.0 ...sphere client 4.1.0... server 2003

We are runing our vcenter on windows 2003 and are part of big cluster of esx machines.

I'm in process of moving one of our physical server to vritual  and have due to this task installed converter from cd.

Installation process went with out problems and I can see converter installed in server controll panel. I've enabled plugin

and restarted my client but I still cant see  converter under Solutions and Applications tab.It just does not appear Smiley Sad

I've also tried removing and reonstalling plugin few time but end result was the same.

How do I go about troubleshooting this issue ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome,

When you install converter, not appear tab or icon.

Click in File > Import > Converter will be start with plugin .

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
thattestguy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mauro and thanks for responding to my question.

I do not see or have "import" under File -> (please take a look at my new screenshot)

I CAN do however right click on ESX server and choose import ? Is this the same thing ?

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

apologize. Yes its the same thing.

Right click in cluster or host > import virtual machine try it

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
MarekZdrojewski

Hi there,

Yes, its the same... Check the screenshot.

ImportMachine.png

Cheers!

| Blog: https://defaultreasoning.com | Twitter: @MarekDotZ |
thattestguy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for confirming that for me guys

0 Kudos