VMware Cloud Community
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Converter licence

Hello, I would like to know how to cross of vmware converter starter in vmware converter entreprise, I do not manage to find the file of licenses you can have me, it is virtual center which manages mine licenses.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Even though VirtualCenter licenses your ESX hosts and otherwise. If you download the stand-alone VMware Converter, you'll need to provide the license to unlock a feature.

VMware License Portal - http://www.vmware.com/r/licensemgmt.html

To to the portal above, and login with the account that has the license associated with it.

Watch the tutorial on how to make a license file, then download it. that should work.

this will unlock being able to do a remote hot clone with converter stand-alone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Even though VirtualCenter licenses your ESX hosts and otherwise. If you download the stand-alone VMware Converter, you'll need to provide the license to unlock a feature.

VMware License Portal - http://www.vmware.com/r/licensemgmt.html

To to the portal above, and login with the account that has the license associated with it.

Watch the tutorial on how to make a license file, then download it. that should work.

this will unlock being able to do a remote hot clone with converter stand-alone.

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

First of all, thank you for your answer.

I explain a little better my concerns : I cannot generate a .lic file since the internet link that you gave me because it is not my account which had licenses and the person who had them said me that we can get back everything from the virtual center and does not want to give me its account so, I can't download the file.

And the .lic file of the virtual center doesn't works with vmware converter.

How can i found a good .lic please and how generate it.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you must be a registered owner of the product to generate the license file. This is something that cannot be changed by requesting it on the forums.

It would probably be best to contact our Customer Service Department (your local VMware phone number, then option 4, then wait for a representative), and see if there is anything they can do about this for you.

0 Kudos