VMware Cloud Community
chrisfoster1971
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Converter fails when importing a Symantec BESR sv2i

I am relatively new to VMware and have not had this issue before so I'd be interested to see if anyone has had any experience of this type of error.

We are running ESXi4.0 and attempting to import a BESR sv2i, the import wizard completes however the actual import fails with the following :-

"The remote host certificate has these problems: The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate A certificate in the host's chain is not time valid A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root. "

The strange thing is that its worked before and stopped working.

I'm sure its something fairly simple but at this stage is something I'm interested in resolving fairly swiftly

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ijnteresting - usually you can simply ignore that message

anyway - the most reliable way to create a VM from a BESR backup is to use the BESR LiveCD against a newly created VM.

Then patch the new VM with converter in a second step

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ijnteresting - usually you can simply ignore that message

anyway - the most reliable way to create a VM from a BESR backup is to use the BESR LiveCD against a newly created VM.

Then patch the new VM with converter in a second step

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

0 Kudos
chrisfoster1971
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the information. I'll get that a try next time I need to create in a hurry.

0 Kudos