VMware Cloud Community
AWoroch
Contributor
Contributor

Converter failing - vmodl.fault.systemerror

I can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue, so I'm posting hoping I can dig one out.

I'm trying to do a P2V with Converter Standalone of 3 different servers. We only have one vCenter server, and a few ESX hosts, but when I try any of the hosts I get the above error at the point where you select the destination HOST, DATASTORE and VM NAME. It doesn't come up until you hit next, so it's not like errors I have seen where it couldn't validate the datestore, etc.

I've restarted our vCenter server complete, it made no difference. I've restarted my workstation, no difference. I've tried installing Converter Standalone on another workstation, no difference. I've tried removing any existing Converter (Standalone/vSphere) agents, no difference.

I did a P2V over the weekend, that failed and started causing network timeouts (maybe not caused, but pretty coincidental on a Sunday when no one else was doing anything.)

Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this beyond what I have already done as above.

0 Kudos
0 Replies