VMware Cloud Community
st3reo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Converter does not see disks of HP BL460c G6

Hello,

I have a HP c3000 blade enclosure with some BL460c G6 blades running Windows 2008 R2 which I would like to convert to virtual machines.

The problem is...on the settings page...at the "Data to copy" tab...It doesn't show any source disks

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

I'm running the latest version of converter standalone (4.3)

I also attached a screenshot of the problem

Thanks, 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

a guess:

Try the conversion with UAC turned off. Maybe this prevents from detecting the drives.

Just to make sure, did you use the local "Administrator" account or just a user with administrative rights?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

is your source a physical blade?  What does 172.17.0.213 represent?

0 Kudos
st3reo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

172.17.0.213 is the address of the phisical HP BL460c G6 blade running Windows 2008 R2....which I want to convert to a virtual machine...but it's disks aren't showing up and I don't know why.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't know if this would make a difference, but maybe trying, when converting 'powered on machine', using FQDN.  Or try installing VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 4.3 onto the W2k8R2 box you are trying to convert and convert powered on mchine, this local machine.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

do you have assigned a driveletter to the 100 Mb boot-partition in case you have one ?

0 Kudos
st3reo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well I did not install them, but it seems they do not have that 100MB boot-partition.

Is the problem related to this?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

it seems ?

check in diskmanagement

0 Kudos
st3reo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sorry, just a figure of speech, of course I checked there, and no, there isn't any boot partition on any of the blades I tried to convert.

0 Kudos
Zikuta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

you must run as administrator vmware converter

Felipe

0 Kudos
st3reo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi,

I did, and also loged in as Administrator on the remote machine i'm trying to convert. but I can't see it's disks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

a guess:

Try the conversion with UAC turned off. Maybe this prevents from detecting the drives.

Just to make sure, did you use the local "Administrator" account or just a user with administrative rights?

André

0 Kudos
st3reo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You were right!! It was the damn UAC, I disabled it, rebooted the machine and not converter sees its disks.

I don't know why I didn't think of this Smiley Happy

Thanks a million.

0 Kudos