VMware Cloud Community
BadrMepco
Contributor
Contributor

Converter Standalone

Hi,

I have VM (Exchange) along with attached Raw LUN. I am using ESXi 5.0U2

My question that is that can I convert this VM (Offline) The Raw Lun will be including in this conversion or not?

Regards,

Badr

0 Kudos
22 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The GUI logs are not helpful Smiley Happy

Please find and attach the worker log.

Note: If you mix the converter components versions, some strange efect(s) could arise.

0 Kudos
BadrMepco
Contributor
Contributor

Dear a,

I saw the HOST File in the VM exchange it is normal as attached.

Note: vconverter is not on the vcenter. It is installed in my on physical local machine.

However on Thursday I have a plan to Installed Service pack 3 on exchange then i will see all possiblities what you mentinoed.

Guys, I will get back to you soon.

Meanwhile if you found something so let me know please.

regards,

Badr.

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert

Hey Badr,

Try this.

1. On the physical machine on which the converter is installed, update the /etc/hosts file with the exchange server's host name and IP address, your physical machine's hostname and IP address and the VC/ESX host where you are converting - that machine's hostname and IP address
  2. Do the same for the exchange server
  3. Do the same for the VC macine/target ESX machine
  4. Make sure from all three machines both forward and reverse name resolution is happening - .i.e you are able to ping both by hostname and IP address to all three machines from each other
  5. Ensure from all three machines, you are able to connect to port 443 using both IP and hostname/FQDN

Then try the conversion

Thanks

a

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos