VMware Cloud Community
pj4029
Contributor
Contributor

Converter Standalone gets 97% Error: Failed to reconfigure the target virtual machine

how to install grub2 from resucemode

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Was that a statement or a question? This thread is 10 years old, you might be better to create a new one specific to your issue (and software versions)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
pj4029
Contributor
Contributor

Its getting failed for me at 97% trying to convert ubuntu 20.04  to vm but getting the grub error, but I'm new to this so how do i go on forth to install this grub2 ,thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Branched from a 2010 thread to a new one in Converter Standalone Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please state the version of Converter you are using, and the destination type of the VM you’re trying to create with the conversion.

0 Kudos
pj4029
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Converter 6.2.0 standalone

and destination is vmware esxi 6.5

0 Kudos