VMware Cloud Community
gicheha
Contributor
Contributor

Converter Standalone Agent installation failed, error code: 1601

unable to complete convert agent installation 192.....error 1601 ,this si from a windows 2008 r2 

anyone knows how to go about this? i could install manual but the server has explorer.exe which restrict me from launching anything 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There's an area of VMTN for Converter Standalone, it's a different product to NSX, I've reported your thread asking moderators to move it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Hard to say what may be causing the issue without knowing the converter version that you are trying to install on this old Windows Server version. Error 1601 is usually related to Windows Installer issues/incompatibilites. Maybe the installation log can sched light on this!?

André

Moderator note: Moved to Converter Standalone Discussions

0 Kudos
gicheha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for the response am using this version 

gicheha_0-1627552997924.png

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

try to install the converter-agent manually on the source computer - its located in the install folder of the converter named vmware-converter.agent.exe

0 Kudos
gicheha
Contributor
Contributor

@berndweyand  I cant login to the server error explorer.exe that's why why I was trying to convert the server

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

ok - without valid credentials you have no chance with the converter as its trying to install the agent remotely

0 Kudos
gicheha
Contributor
Contributor

@berndweyand  I have the credentials just my server wont go past explorer.exe application error that's why I wanted to get the data

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

i think that converting this machine will result in a vm with the same explorer error - so better try to repair your windows

0 Kudos