VMware Cloud Community
sysopsguy
Contributor
Contributor

Converter Standalone 6.0 download url in 2022

Hello everyone,

I knew that the topic has been posted already but I cannot find the URL for version 6.0 of Converter Standalone.

Quote from the old topic which I need that for win 2003 R2 converter.

We are needing to p2v a windows 2003 server.  In order to do that we need Converter Standalone 6.0 due to compatibility issues.  However, 6.2 appears to be the only version available for download on the VMware site.  Is 6.0 still available anywhere?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steps that I've taken so far
- Try Converter 6.2 and the agent service cannot start on WIN2003R2.
- open a chat with VMware support, which he directed me to ask the community.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
vmware-
Contributor
Contributor

In other words, go get it from a warez site, which is sure to contain malware.

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Comment deleted...

0 Kudos
cdgarry
Contributor
Contributor

The issue is, as I am running into now, Starwind does not support 32-bit architecture. And with 6.0.0 seemingly to have been the only version to actually work converting a Windows 2003 server, anyone looking to convert one is out of luck. (Not that running a Windows 2003 server is even remotely ok, unfortunately, it's still a necessary evil in some cases)

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Comment deleted...

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Is that 2k3-32 or 2k3-64 ?
For an import of a 2k3-32 you dont need Converter at all. Do the imageing with a LinuxLiveCD and dd.
For patching make sure to use LSI-scsi - then you dont have to do much in the registry ....

If you need assistance call me via skype - I wouldn#t mind doing a 2k3 p2v again before I forget how to do it ....
(spend some years with building 2k3 -coldclone livecds ....)

Ulli

0 Kudos