VMware Cloud Community
oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Converter Hangs at 96% - target machine actively refuse connection

Hello All,

We are having problems with a converter 5.0 task on one server in particulary (2008), that we allready have done a sucessfull convertion for tests porpuses, but now we want to it difinitivily we are having some errors.

The error is:

05996 error 'HttpConnectionPool'] [ConnectComplete] Connect error No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

We allready checked port connections, no ON firewalls and don't know what else more to do!

PS: wich log .txt file do you guys need to check, converter-gui-2.log, converter-gui-3.log, vmware-converter-server-1.log or vmware-converter-worker-1.log?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check you Converter Agent on the physical machine, it can be uninstalled or stopped.

The converter-server, converter-worker (from the server side) and converter-agent (from the physical machine side) are required logs.

HTH

0 Kudos
oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello again,

Here they are the required log files. Apreciate if you can have a look on them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunatly the Converter Agent is crashing. Do you use local administrator for converting physical machine? (there are many logs above which point me to this)

0 Kudos
oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here are the today logs, also stop at 96%

PS: This time I tryed with "install Vmware tools" off and with NFC service off

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The same situation...

Have you try the conversion with administrator of physical machine, not with domain administrator?

Are you disable UAC?

What you mean with "NFC service off"?

0 Kudos
prabuvmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does it fulfills all the pre requiests for P2V?

All ur filesystems are NTFS?

Does it have 200 MB free space in C drive?

Does your physical server connected with any physical device?

as per the logs...does your server has 13 NICS?? if any stale drivers then go ahead and remove it.

oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The machine is a 2008 Server HP Proliant DL 380 G5 dual CPU, 8 HDD, 24GB Ram.

I can't use the local administrator account because the machine is a domain AD controler.

P.S.: I will try with UAC off latter today.

NFC Service is for data encryptation on the network connection conversion proccess.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Converter Agent crashes but nothing points to the network at this time.

Also there are few posts about conversion of Domain controller, check them too.

HTH

oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All the filesystems selected on conversion are NTFS.

The c: drive have 18GB free space.

No physical devices connected.

The server only have 2 onboard hp GB Ethernet NICs configured as HP Team, and I can't find any stale devices on Device Manager.

In attach there are some print screens, one of them shows some disks that I don't know what they are. I only have C: and 😧 on disk 01 and iSCSI as disk 02.

The converter task allways stops at "configuring boot.ini" or "updating drive letters" as you can see on the attachments pics.

0 Kudos
Lessi001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

as you try to convert a DC read this first: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&e...

Better would be to stage a completely new VM and make DCPromo.

Regards

Andi

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
0 Kudos
oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks but, like I said in the first post I've already converted this machine before, and it worked perfectly. But now I need a new VM of this machine and I don't know what have changed since last conversion.

0 Kudos
oliveiras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solved the problem!

I had to inject the SCSI drivers on the physical machine that I need to convert to virtual, before the conversion.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos