VMware Cloud Community
SteveFXP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Converter Fails After Starting to Format VM Partitions

Hello all,

I am trying to use vCenter Converter Standalone to P2V a CentOS 7.9 physical server. The physical server is in a colo provider and my Windows PC has VPN access to it, using Cisco AnyConnect on the PC. I am able to get the conversion going but it dies when it begins to format the vm partitions. In looking at the log of Converter server I see HTTP Connection read failed while waiting for further requests. Is this from the perspective of the Converter PC or from the VM being built? Does the VM need direct access to the physical server for this to work properly?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveFXP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone who comes upon this the failure the solution is to ensure that your ESXi server has access to the physical server. In my case I needed a S2S VPN, so both the Converter PC and ESXi server, which are on different subnets, could have access to the physical server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SteveFXP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone who comes upon this the failure the solution is to ensure that your ESXi server has access to the physical server. In my case I needed a S2S VPN, so both the Converter PC and ESXi server, which are on different subnets, could have access to the physical server.

0 Kudos