VMware Cloud Community
briandatamatter
Contributor
Contributor

Converter 4.0.1 Error in 'Data to Copy' on options page

I've tried this on windows and linux client and both give the exact same error;

I cannot get past step 3 ' View/Edit Options' as there is an error related to the 'Data Copy' options;

The method 'ConverterValidateTargetStorageParams' does not existon this object.

This is when trying to connect to VC4 with ESX4 destination host.

Also, see attached screenshot.

Update - I tried to to attempt the same to a VC2.5 server with ESX3.5 server and it errored exactly the same.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Further update - turns out that It was because of any already attempted run that it wasn't running. I disabled the vmware converter service on the source and then rebooted and moved the c:\program files\vmware directory out of the way. It is now past step 3.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Below is a link to a decent troubleshooting write up for the error you received.

**If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for

"Correct" or "Helpful"**

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
dodell
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same exact error when we tried to P2V to vSphere. Turned out that the physical had the older 3.5 converter agent installed. We manually uninstalled it and then proceded with the conversion. The new converter agent was installed and everything worked fine.

0 Kudos