VMware Cloud Community
czatts01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Converter 3.0 Install - Help

I'm getting an error on a W2K Pro install. I've verified NteBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled and I've started/stopped/changed to manual/changed to automatic the TCP/IP Netbios Helper service. As this is a W2K Pro box, there is no server service. When I try to start the service manually, during the install, I get error 1075 - Dependency service does not exist or is marked for deletion. What is the dependency service?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks component installed in your network connection properties? When this is installed the Server service will appear. I had one server that did not have that installed and once I added it the Server service appeared and it worked.

Also if you go into Device Manager and select View Hidden Devices, under Non-Plug and Play Drivers make sure Netbios over Tcpip is not disabled.

You can check the Windows event log for more details on why the service did not start.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks component installed in your network connection properties? When this is installed the Server service will appear. I had one server that did not have that installed and once I added it the Server service appeared and it worked.

Also if you go into Device Manager and select View Hidden Devices, under Non-Plug and Play Drivers make sure Netbios over Tcpip is not disabled.

You can check the Windows event log for more details on why the service did not start.

0 Kudos
czatts01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. I feel like an idiot. I didn't know that turning on file and print sharing would install the server service. That worked. I got it installed.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos