VMware Cloud Community
jkoelker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Converted a Server 2003 physical box to vm and the vm is extremely slow. Trying to login yet...

Converted a Server 2003 physical box to vm and the vm is extremely slow. Trying to login yet...

This is my first time converting a physical box to virtual. It is server 2003. The conversion took place and I am trying to login to the box now but it is so slow. Currently it has been sitting at Applying you personal settings for almost 10 minutes.

My boss has converted physical to virtual many times before and never said he ran into anything like this.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i think it is still looking for the active directory. the newly P2V'ed will not carry any IP settings over. therefore you will need to wait for it to timed out and then enter the rightful IP (ip, dns and etc) over it. the other way to speed things up would be to disconnect your network and trick your OS to timed out right away.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i think it is still looking for the active directory. the newly P2V'ed will not carry any IP settings over. therefore you will need to wait for it to timed out and then enter the rightful IP (ip, dns and etc) over it. the other way to speed things up would be to disconnect your network and trick your OS to timed out right away.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos