VMware Cloud Community
TobiasM
Contributor
Contributor

Convert a vm with iscsi disk´s

Hi

Is´t possible to convert a vm with iscsi disk conected to the server?

/T

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Yes - when running converter it will see the disks presented to the VMs OS independent of what type of drive they are - SAS, SATA IDE or SAN iSCSI and FC -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
TobiasM
Contributor
Contributor

Is´t possible to align the disk in vmware converter 5.0. If, where can I find it?

/T

0 Kudos
TobiasM
Contributor
Contributor

It´s a w2k8r2 with c: and d: as *.vmdk disk. The 3 other disks are iscsi disk connected to the server with windows iscsi initiator.When I run vmware converter I only see the c: and d: disks. My problem is that I want to move theese 3 other disk to vmdk disk and I thought that I could use vmware convert for that Smiley Sad

Ii there any other, better way to move data from iSCSI disks to NFS disks(vmdk)

/T

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What kind of convertion are you doing? P2V or V2V. In your case seems that P2V is the right choice.

Could you upload the log bundle - there are disagnostic messages in worker or agent logs about found disk(s) and volumes(s).

0 Kudos
TobiasM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I don´t know if vmware converter is the solution for my problem. I have a virtual server with 2 nfs disk (c and d) and 3 iSCSI disks connected to the server with microsoft iSCSI connector. I just want to move the data from iSCSI to NFS disks so it will be easier to handel the disk with snapshot etc.

/T 

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you want to transfer iSCSI volume to VMDK file, the Converter is capable to do this. Just run the P2V i.e. a conversion of running Windows.

0 Kudos