VMware Cloud Community
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Convert Win 2000 server

In ESXi 5.5 hosts + vCenter 6.0 environment  I need to convert and import the physical device which runs Windows 2000 server SP4, so what vConverter version can I use?

Where I can download it? I have credentials for Vmware support.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks but I solved according to this vmware thread:

Convert P2V Windows 2000 ESXi 5.5

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I think the last version that supported Windows 2000 SP4 for conversion is vCenter Standalone Converter 4.01 and that may not be available for download anymore within VMware.

If you are concerned about outside sites (through internet search) that offer it for download this thread at least has a screenshot of the original MD5 checksum if you want to verify that it has not been modified.

Re: vCenter Converter and v4.0.1 download?

continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Windows 2000 can be imported manually - just did that 2 weeks ago.
If you need help - feel free to call me via skype.
Ulli

0 Kudos
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks but I solved according to this vmware thread:

Convert P2V Windows 2000 ESXi 5.5

0 Kudos
knuwan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to use 4.1 converter and upload the VM to Workstation 10 & do the VMtools upgrade.

After that you need to upload that VM to Workstation Version 15 & upgrade the VM tools again , set the Hardware compatibility to vsphere6 as below.

Upgrade Hardware Compatibility

Open VMware Workstation and click on the virtual machine you want to upgrade. If the VM is running on an older version of the hardware compatibility, you’ll see an Upgrade this virtual machine option.  This will not be visible if it’s already on the latest version.

Click the link and you’ll get a popup wizard. Click Next to start the process.

https://thebackroomtech.com/wp-content/uploads/hardware-compatibility-wizard.png.webp

https://thebackroomtech.com/wp-content/uploads/hardware-compatibility-wizard.png.webp

This is worked for me...

0 Kudos