VMware Cloud Community
IntegralSA
Contributor
Contributor

Convert P2V fails (Pasword required) Vmware Helper

I try convert a Linux Machine, but the process stop at 3%, i see a password required,

pastedImage_0.png

before few minutes the process canceled

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

Check it link:

VMware Knowledge Base

Helper virtual machineWhen converting a powered on Linux operating system (P2V), this is the target virtual machine that is being used temporarily for the purpose of copying files from the source computer. It uses the TCP/IP information that is entered in the Converter wizard for the target virtual machine. Ensure that this IP address can communicate directly with the source computer.
Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
IntegralSA
Contributor
Contributor

But, the  password request appears again, i dont know the password

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to ensure the helper VM is able to connect to the source machine (routing, firewalls, DNS...). If that can be done, there is no need to log in the helper. E.g. one common problem is to access the source from the converter client by name, but the helper is unable to resolve that name. The workaround in this case is to access it by IP address.

If however, you need to troubleshoot the connectivity, see this KB article for how to enable logging in the helper: VMware Knowledge Base Once enabled, use the source machine's password to log in.

Regards,

Plamen

0 Kudos
IntegralSA
Contributor
Contributor

finally I managed to convert the machine, now I have a problem, as it is a machine from ovm to vmware does not recognize the discs and does not load the machine after finishing the conversion

0 Kudos